The Facilities Manager oversees the management and care of the facilities of the church. They provide oversight and responsibility for the building, grounds, parking lots, equipment, building systems, general security, and housekeeping, ensuring the facilities are fully operational, safe, clean and neat, and prepared for services and ministry activities. They oversee and perform maintenance/repairs for the church building, equipment (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, mechanical) and property, or manage outside contractors required to service the aforementioned. The Facilities Manager acts as a church representative with outside contractors and inspectors coming onto the property or into the building and holds the position of project manager for all facility related projects.
- Contribute to Red Rocks’ overall mission of making Heaven more crowded.
- Pursue full devotion to Jesus Christ.
- Adhere to Red Rocks’ core values to welcome home prodigals as well as striving for Authenticity, Humility,
- Unity, and Generosity as a staff member of RRC.
- Commit to the Matthew 18 relational conflict resolution process in all relationships.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures as outlined in the Red Rocks Church Team Handbook.
- Self-motivated needing minimal supervision, Works well with others and within a team, Well organized.
(Duties include but are not limited to the following)
Facility Maintenance and Repairs:
- Serve as primary contact for any facility or property questions and for service providers.
- Serve as primary contact for facility related emergencies, which may require availability during off days and evenings.
- Ensure that the church facility is clean, in good operating condition and ready for designated public services and special events sponsored or hosted by RRC.
- Ensure building security by locking all entrances after public services and special events.
- Maintain records and arrange or execute all routine maintenance procedures, including but not limited to HVAC system, plumbing, fire protection system, elevator, outdoor sprinkling, lighting, parking lots.
- Perform or arrange all required tests and inspections of elevator equipment, safety equipment, fire equipment, and any other regulated equipment as required by state or local agencies and regulation.
- Oversee janitorial/cleaning of the facilities mid-week, weekends, and as needed.
- Responsible for purchasing and maintaining supplies and equipment on an ongoing basis.
- Implement, monitor, and follow policies and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and provide efficient use of labor and materials.
- Maintain expenditures related to the building, facilities, and grounds repairs and maintenance in accordance with the approved budget.
- Oversee and coordinate facility volunteers by directing and instructing for proper set-up.
- Monitor/program thermostats software system.
- Solicits bids for work and maintenance contracts, negotiates agreements with contractors, and reviews work for quality and completeness.
- Knowledge of working with multiple computer software showing the ability to learn and adapt promptly such as CMMS (computerized maintenance management system) and Door Schedule software.
- Maintain records of all maintenance and equipment in software system.
- Operate within the department budget, with reassessed items and needs turned-in to the Facilities Director and Finance Team for annual approval.
- Attend necessary staff meetings.
- Willing to work at our other campus locations as needed.
- Ability to lift/carry, up to approximately 50 pounds frequently, and occasional lifting/carrying equipment weighing up to approximately 75 pounds may be required.
- Follower of Jesus Christ.
- Desire to live a life above reproach.
- Demonstrated ability to envision, energize, build, motivate and supervise teams toward superior performance.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and manage time effectively under the pressure of time constraints.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to notice and address areas of concern promptly even with things that might not be that obvious to others.
- Experience working with multiple computer software, showing the ability to learn and adapt promptly.
- Handy with repairs such as but not limited to drywall, door/hardware, painting, and grounds.
- 2 years of construction experience (preferred).
- Ability to lift/carry equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Valid driver’s license
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401(k)/ROTH retirement savings plan with employer match after 1 year of employment
- Phone bill reimbursement
- Monthly reimbursements to encourage a healthy lifestyle
- Generous paid time off
- Based out of the Park Meadows Campus located at 9995 Park Meadows Dr., Lone Tree CO 80124
- Workload to include projects at multiple campus locations as needed.
- Sunday through Thursday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (subject to change)
- Available on off days and evenings in case of emergencies.
Please submit your resume prior to October 1, email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.